Safe Driving Tips
Thousands of car accidents could be avoided every year if drivers chose to drive safely. When individuals take driver’s education courses, they learn how to follow traffic laws and street signs properly, and get other tips on avoiding accidents. Unfortunately, once drivers receive their licenses, many forget the lessons they learned and drive recklessly, endangering the safety of everyone on the road.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident because of a negligent driver, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Contact the Rhinelander car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874 to talk with a professional about your legal options.
Basic Safety Tips
Being a safe driver typically revolves around your ability to concentrate on the road so you can anticipate and avoid collisions. There can be many distractions in the car from the radio to cell phones, often compromising a driver’s ability to pay attention. Some safety tips include:
- Assume every other driver will act irresponsibly on the road, never trusting them.
- Follow speed limits, red lights, and other street signs.
- When the weather is bad, be sure to drive slower and never follow too closely behind other motorists.
- Stay off your cell phone when operating a motor vehicle.
- Use your rearview and side mirrors often while also checking all blind spots when changing lanes or turning.
- Never drive after drinking alcohol.
Above all, always use common sense when driving and give yourself plenty of time to get to your destinations so that you are never in a rush. Most accidents happen when motorists speed and try to catch red lights to make an appointment.
Contact the Rhinelander car accident lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874 to schedule a free consultation if you have been involved in a car accident with a negligent driver.